What’s the right play for getting iPhone subscriptions in the US? What’s RedHat’s $100m acquisition of Ansible mean, and is this Dell/EMC thing gonna work out? That and more is what we talk about this week, plus the ATM market.
SPONSOR: Take our awesome, multi-cloud PaaS for a test-ride. Get two free months of Pivotal Web Services. Whether you want to deploy on-premises, in a dedicated public cloud, or just keep using our PaaS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry has everything you need for doing cloud-native applications. Go to cote.io/pivotal for the sign-up code!
SPONSOR: Want to go to the Chef Community Summits? Check out the summit in London Nov. 3rd to 4th. Register with the code SOFTWARE to get 20% off!
- If you like video, see this episodes’ video recording.
- Apple shopping – getting a spouse laptop, finding the right iPhone plan.
- OpenStack Tokyo – Matt Ray is minding his American Airlines elite status.
- RedHat buys Ansible for $100m.
- Solarwinds – someone is trying to buy them.
- Software valuations are high and it de-calibrates out sense of value. Compare to valuations in the ATM market.
- Dell buying EMC – Matt and Brandon add some commentary, Cot&eatue; has no comment.
- What do we make of the IBM using Apple laptops story.
- Brandon: Shaky Ground: The Strange Saga of the US Mortgage Giants
- Matt: VW testing tool and “These Tech Giants are the Walking Dead”.
- Coté: The Wolf in CIO Clothing.