With Matt securely setup in Australia, we get the low-down on the down under. We also discuss rumors of HPE and Rackspace going private and catch up on Verizon buying Yahoo!
- See cote.io/promos for a full list of all the deals “mid-roll” stuff currently going on.
- I have a discount code for Operability.IO, September 19th and 20th in London. I hear good things about this conference; check out their talks from last year. It has a good list of speakers, including our very own Casey West. You can 10% off registration if you use the code COTEMEMOOIO16.
Check out https://cote.io/promos/ for more – free books, free cloud time, etc.
- Interested in speeding your software’s cycle time, reducing release cycles, and a resilient cloud platform? Check out the free ebook on Cloud Foundry or take Cloud Foundry for a test drive with Pivotal Web Services. See those and other things at cote.io/pivotal.
- If you like video, see this episodes’ video recording.
HPE on the block?
- Coverage: “several private equity firms, including KRR, Apollo Global Management and the Carlyle Group, are looking to pay $40 billion or more to buy HPE outright”
- Bill Hilf out of HPE, another cloud re-org at HPE
- Let’s compare: IBM, Oracle, EMC/Dell, even Verizon/Yahoo! – big tech companies surviving long term.
- Meanwhile: rumors of Rackspace going private.
- Brandon: Stranger Things
- Matt: Utopia/Homeland2. My kids love Tim Tams. Manly. http://fan-o-rama.com/
- Coté: Field Notes Byline, reporter’s notebook.